Kindermusik@School is a research-based language and early literacy program built around music. This class helps 2-6 year-olds develop pre-literacy and language skills through a child’s most-loved rituals: music and story time.
Kindermusik@School supports the early childhood standards and requirements for “high quality programs” as defined by the National Institute for Early Education. Plus for the older age group, this class aligns with pre-K national and state standards.
Every one of Kindermusik@School’s lessons is a tightly crafted sequence of songs, stories, and focused listening activities that engage students of every learning style and across multiple learning domains. And with a special focus on listening skills and response to auditory cues, the program strengthens cognitive connections, receptive and expressive language skills, and even social skills such as turn-taking and self-regulation.
- Explore age-appropriate rhythm instruments (shakers, bells, drums, sticks, sandblocks, and more)
- Play instruments with mallets to develop bilaterality
- Identify to new and familiar sounds, to build critical listening skills
- Jump, gallop, and skip–practice gross motor skills
- Learn to count and wiggle fingers for fine motor skills
- Take turns and share, building respect for peers and adults
- Express emotions and explore and discuss feelings through play
- Follow 3-step directions
- Get ready for school by drawing simple objects and strengthening vocabulary
- Create new songs and pretend through music, to foster imagination and creativity
- Dance in a group, to learn social cues and expression in a safe, social environment
- Explore both singing and expressive use of the voice
- New music and activities at home every 4 weeks: CD + magazine-style book every month, plus an instrument every other month.